IVF; Natural Frozen Cycle, the One with the Results

Read through my hubby’s blog and it dawned on me that I never blogged about the cycle that yielded the kokster twins.


Guess that’s what having three kids does to you (for the record, first two via IVF, third is free gift). 


For completion sake, I will document a very brief post about the frozen cycle that gave us chubby and meimei. 


A brief background

- Trying to conceive was abit of a bust 

- Went to KKH, diagnosed with unexplained infertility 

- 1 cycle of IUI failed - financially and emotionally painful (at that time subsidies for IUI not that much, think there’s some change since)

- The first fresh cycle failed, refer to earlier entries


After the first fresh cycle failed, I bumped into my gynaecologist in the hospital before my planned follow up. She very kindly allowed me to try another IVF cycle - and I was arranged for a natural frozen cycle. “Natural” refers to the womb being allowed to thicken naturally without the use of hormones. Anyway that was a bust as my womb did not thicken as it should have. 


I was suggested to go for an artificial frozen cycle next. As it was an “artificial” cycle, I had to take hormone pills to prepare the womb. That went smoothly, and my gynaecologist asked the all important question - how many embryos did I want to implant? 


I had flashbacks to my previous failed cycle, where I was told that I was young, embryo looks good, very good chance of implanting, but it did not work out. So I thought - if one embryo does not work, then throw two embryos at the problem. Husband’s take on it - mmm, ok, anything. 


So this brings us to D-day, or implantation day. The all important gynaecologist came and did the procedure, it was over in a matter of minutes. She then chirpily said - “both embryos look good, chance of twins very high!” At which point, husband’s balls dropped. As to why he did not consider this earlier, I don’t know. I think he thought that it was a theoretical possibility, but not an actual curveball that the universe would throw at him. 


But anyway, it’s pretty obvious what the outcome was (shoutout to chubby and meimei!) Avid readers of the blog (if there are any hurhur) will know that we had a further curveball later on (hi didi!)


So that’s a quick summary of what happened in the latter part of our TTC journey. I would elaborate more but my post pregnancy brain ain’t what it is, and sleep deprivation is real with 3x koksters. 


Looking back, our TTC journey was rather eventful and ironic. We went from peak infertility to peak fertility, and I would honestly never have put money on myself having 3 kids 3 years ago. But yup, c’est la vie and that’s how things turned out for us.




Comments

Popular Posts