Las Vegas: The One Where I Got Burgled; Or US 2018, Part 2: Las Vegas and Back to Los Angeles

Would have been the best part of the trip, had I not been burgled.

Day 1


Leaving my cousin's in Redlands, we drove about 3 hours to arrive in Las Vegas.

Still too early to check in we went straight for the North Las Vegas Premium Outlet Mall.

Bags locked in the car, parked at the multistorey carpark with plenty of other cars around, felt pretty safe.

But this is America in 2018, as Daya puts it "I won't tell you it's butterflies and roses, we're not back in time".

Anyway where were we?
Oh yes, shopping.

I f***ing love shopping.

I would push an old lady down the stairs if she got between me and shopping.

It's an addiction, a disease and I've got it bad.

Time becomes unreal and the concept of money becomes fluid.

We shopped for 6.5 hours, not pausing for meals.
Because food is for the weak.

The loot
Here I had time to pause and get a picture, because I'm all out of cash and the only one still shopping is my cousin.



As we brought out haul back to the car, we spotted a group of koreans standing around our car. Even joked about them being Korean Mafia.

Then they said, "you guys got robbed too."

The horror!

Oh the huge manatee!

Well that was a bitch and a half.

With my passport stolen, I couldn't continue onto the East Coast leg of the trip.

Spent two hours at the crime scene, waiting for the cops to come, take statements and dust the car for prints.

Panicked calls to the consulate and car rental office.

Had to drive down to the airport to do an exchange of the car.

By the time We finally checked into our hotel, Luxor, which by the way I would not recommend, it was 1 am.

Luxor rooms are pretty dilapidated. Didn't have the mood to take pictures of Luxor, with my things stolen. They don't seem to have 24 hour room service.

So we walked a distance to a Mcdonald's for our first meal in LV, with our moods somewhat dampened.

Day 2

First half of the day was just spent getting my travel documents in order.

Headed to Lola's, a creole/ cajun Louisiana style restaurant. We both had the fantastic shrimp charlotte.
cajun creole louisianna

cajun creole louisianna


My cousin still thinks of this meal.

Day got better after that delicious meal as we made our way to the Clark County Shooting Complex. About 30 mins north of the strip.

There we tried out trap and skeet shooting with an over and under 12G berretta shotgun.

The desert is pretty cold after the sun sets, missed a lot of targets because we were shivering. Definitely due to the weather.
Surely not because I sucked.



Rolling up the sleeves cos shit's about to get serious


Most serene and gorgeous range I've been to

break
There wasn't time to go back and still eat at the Wicked Spoon, so we had to stop at 2 rounds each.




bellagio fountains

The spread
Highly recommend the seafood stew.

That wraps it up for Las Vegas.
Sent my cousin to the airport the next morning.
He shall make his lonely way to cold cold New York and I made my way back to Los Angeles, waiting for my document of identity before I could fly home.


The Nitty Gritty

Clark County Shooting Complex
You have to check out their promotions here. We paid 4.50 USD per 25 round including ammunition, excluding gun rental on a Thursday because it was trap and skeet Thursday!


Lola's
Worth the detour for their shrimp charlotte. After dropping my cousin off at the airport, I actually went back for more shrimp charlotte and a crab cake

Here's the address: 241 W Charleston Blvd, Las Vegas, NV 89102, USA






For more of my adventures, follow me

Comments

Popular Posts