A Review of Wolfgang's Steakhouse; Wife's Birthday Bacchanalia

Review of Wolfgang's steakhouse singapore

The second steak review for my wife's birthday week.

Wolfgang's Steakhouse, not to be confused with the other Wolfgang steakhouse, Cut. 
 
This one is by Wolfgang Zwiener, who apparently trained at Peter Luger's and it shows.
On the steak at least...

We ordered a lobster bisque (20++) to share, and 2 ala carte Taste of New York (62++), which consists of a dry aged Sirloin steak, creamed spinach, mash potatoes and a generously sliced New York cheesecake. We upgraded one of the cream spinach to sauteed mushroom for 10 dollars.

Review of Wolfgang's steakhouse singapore

This was a disappointing start. 
The lobster bisque is bad. 
Might be the worst lobster bisque I've had in a restaurant. 
It was so watered down and bland, even though it was topped with lobster pieces looking the part, it falls apart the moment you taste it.
I would have preferred the frozen Bayshore New England Lobster Bisque I get from my butcher.

Review of Wolfgang's steakhouse singapore

The complimentary bread at the start looked anemic compared to the offerings at Morton's or Bistecca.

Review of Wolfgang's steakhouse singapore

When we ordered we were informed that they had run out of sirloin and would be replacing it with rib-eye instead, which was fine with us, our preferred cut anyway.
Lucky us. 
This was a bone in dry-aged USDA Prime rib-eye.

They at least got the steak done right. 
Thoroughly enjoyed the steak with it's charred crust and juicy middle. 
The crust reminded me of the only New York steakhouse I've tried, The Palm.
Guess it is a rather authentic taste of New York.

I especially love that this is a bone in, extra flavourful.

Sides nothing to write home about. I also found out I don't like cream spinach.

Review of Wolfgang's steakhouse singapore
Pink in the middle.

Review of Wolfgang's steakhouse singapore

The meal ended nicely with the cheesecake. 
I love the fresh cream that came with it, paired really nicely.
At this point though abit jelat already, and we packed the side dishes to go.

The verdict? Enjoyed the steak a hell of a lot more than Cut, even more so than Morton's
But if I just wanted steak, I would cook it myself. 
What I want is the whole steakhouse experience, 
and that for me includes the lobster bisque, crab cakes and bread.

Unfortunately, no crab cakes (my fault because it's lunch), lobster bisque didn't make it and the bread didn't even really try. 
Would I eat here again, maybe at lunch, just the steak, if I'm around the area, which is unlikely.

Really good steak, but wasn't quite enough to carry the whole meal and experience.

 

For my other Birthday Bacchanalia review at Yen Yakiniku, click here!

Comments

Popular Posts